Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weekend Projects

A few weekends ago, my family came in town to do wedding stuff. We found a little time for some quick projects too!:)

Project #1: My mom helped me make this wreath for the front door.



Project #2: We finally planted some flowers in the cute flower pot my homeroom class made for me my first year of teaching. Each kid chose a paint color and put their handprint on the pot. After the paint dried, the room mom wrote their name on their hand. VERY cute teacher gift! We put the pot by our bench on our front porch. There are actually three different colors of flowers, yellow, light pink, and hot pink. With all of the rain and heat the flowers only seem to be opening one color at a time! Hopefully in the fall I'll get a picture of all three colors blooming at the same time:) Here is today's flower.

Project #3: I found this wooden dog bone at Stein Mart in March. I love the saying. It's so true!


I have been wanting to make a canvas for Cooper and Chloe to put on either side of it. Here is Cooper's canvas.

Here's Chloe's canvas.

I found a piece of scrapbook paper that had all of these words to describe your dog. I chose "loyal" and "wagging tail" for Chloe. She had the cutest tail wag! We called her our circle tail girl because her tail moved in a circle, not back and forth. I also put "Best Friends" for the picture of Cooper and Chloe sleeping on the sofa. Cooper's words are Squeaky Toys, Chew Toys, and Playful. If you know anything about this boy, you know he's CRAZY about his squeaky toys. Well, really his toys in general. (I shudder at the thought of the amount of toys our human kids will have.... At any given time, Cooper has at least two in every room....because that's how HE likes it!) I also put My Best Friend for a picture of Chloe sleeping on Cooper's back. He was looking at her as if to say, "You're my best friend!" So cute! I really like how they turned out. They're perfect with the dog bone. Here they are in our guest room.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww, they look great! What a cute idea, you're so creative! :)

Cheryl said...

Wow... you have been busy!! I think the doggie pics are cute. I can only imagine what you will do when y'all have "two-legged" kids! There won't be an empty wall anywhere!! :o)

Dawn said...

I love the hand prints on the planter. Your dog stuff reminds me of a cup I saw for Keith's Kim. She is a cat lover. It has a cat on the front that says, "If you don't like my attitude, call 1-800-get-a-dog!"