I've been looking on Etsy at all the cute things people create. I decided to try to monogram my own kitchen towels. I used a really cute font to print a template because I'm so not the girl who can freehand a bubble letter. Not even a C! After finding really cute fabric, I struggled for find a white towel. You would think that Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Target would have a nice white towel, but no! Thank you, Walmart! Even though I hit a few bumps in the road, I managed to finish the towel in one afternoon. Here's the final product:
(Please ignore the brightness of the flash....I'm still figuring out my new camera.)
I had intended to machine stitch the C, but the fabric of the towel is too stretchy and I had a hard time turning it. So I took a few hours and stitched it by hand. It's definitely not perfect, but I think it's pretty good for my first one. Thanks to my parents' awesome Christmas gift (a fabulous sewing machine) I think I've found a new craft....sewing!
3 comments:
Oh wow, that is so cute!! I don't think I could use it as a kitchen towel because it's too pretty! :D
Good job!! I love it! I don't think you need to limit yourself to white towels, though... I have seen black, brown, tan, green, etc at Bed Bath & Beyond that would be really pretty personalized the way you did. I really like your idea!! Love you, Bug!
well,I just think it's very fun to figure stuff out like that! Good job!
Post a Comment