Here's the story of our new, new car:
My white car was totaled in an accident back in July. I was stopped at a light and a drunk driver rear ended me going about 60 mph. (Obviously it wasn't a normal street. It was one of those farm road highways. Hopefully no one would be going 60 on a city street!) My car was sent flying across the intersection as the other car spun around in the middle of the intersection. Definitely ranks up there as one of the scariest moments of my life! Of course the police and ambulances came to the scene, so my poor husband drove up to the accident with tons of flashing lights. (I'm sure it was one of the scariest moments of his life too!) Here is the damage to my car:
I am so thankful that my injuries were overwhelming minor! I spent the rest of the summer recovering from my sore muscles, whiplash, and a concussion. It definitely made for an interesting start to the school year! The only long term affects that I'm still dealing with are headaches from the concussion and weakness in my hands. (I can't open anything with a twist top, like water bottles or pickle jars.)
Even though Derek deals with car accidents every day, it has still been a stressful and confusing process for us. We were finally able to go buy a new car a few weeks after the accident. We decided to buy the same type of car because it was so safe. In a way, we did our own crash testing. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though. Leave that to the professionals;) I LOVED my white car and wanted a new one just like it. Derek wasn't thrilled about the idea because he could only picture the damage to the white car. So we decided to avoid white. I really like the dark gray Accords, but we didn't like the interior choices. After MUCH debate we decided to go with black. The interior is the same as the white car, but D isn't as weirded out when he sees me driving it! As we were signing and dating all of the papers, I realized that we had been at the same car dealership exactly three months earlier buying the white car! Derek got me A&M license plates, which look really cool on the black car. I also have a Former Student license plate holder. There's no mistaking that I'm an Aggie!:)
2 comments:
I am once again praising the Lord for His protection of my sweet daughter-in-love as I see these pictures of your white car. Amazing that you were so unscathed in the long run, even tho' I know you have had aches and pains to deal with. I am glad that you and D, too, recognize His Hand in and on your lives. He truly is a good God! Love you, MoM
Wow, what a crunch! That's scary to see the impact your car took from that. I'm so thankful you were not injured more than you were. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment