Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year!
We spent New Years Eve with both families gathered at the Vinson home. We had great fajitas and chocolate fondu!! We had all pretty much agreed that we wouldn't stay up until midnight because we had to work or drive home the next day. After chocolate fondu, we started playing the Wii. We had four player Mario Kart and three player Wii Music: Handbell Choir going. It was a lot of fun! I've discovered that I'm the worst Mario Kart player!! EVERYONE beat me. The handbell choir is a lot of fun! It's like Dance Dance Revolution, but each player has two handbells. It's harder than it seems. At first the three Cains played and they were very good! Then they turned it over to the Vinsons (and former Vinson)....we were not so good. In our defense, we hadn't practiced together as much. THEN, we each took one handbell and six of us played together. That was such a great idea and we had so much fun!! We finished eating around 10 and it seemed like we played the Wii for thirty minutes....then next time I looked at my watch it was 11:45PM! We were all shocked! We got to watch the ball drop(round 2 of course) after all. Derek and I are so blessed that our families get along well AND live near each other! We recognize that it is very rare to have that and we don't take it for granted. I've heard that supposedly what you're doing as you celebrate the new year will indicate what your focus for the next year will be. If that's true, we are so happy that 2009 will be a year filled with great family time! May your year be filled with infinite blessings and joy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We did have a good time, didn't we? I'm glad that our kids don't mind hangin' with the folks on New Year's... thanks for being such good kids. We love you so much!
Post a Comment