We celebrated Christmas Eve-Part II on December 27 at the Vinson home. Pops was sick and stayed home with the Coop-Coop. The Vinson traditional Christmas Eve meal is finger foods...cut up fruit, homemade pizza, pigs in a blanket, homemade chicken nuggets, and a variety of crackers with a cheese ball. (I think I'm forgetting some of it, but it's probably because I don't eat all of it, being the picky eater I am.) It's a smorgasboard of yummy food! Then for dessert we put out all of the desserts we made and received during the Christmas season (or what's survived, rather) and enjoy bits and pieces of great desserts! We also get a cookie tray from Sam's. I don't what it's called but it's the one that most people get with all of the different cookies. We usually make chocolate covered preztels but this year Mom bought Utz chocolate covered pretzels...they were excellent!!! I have a feeling they will be added to our yearly meal. It was so nice to have almost everyone together for "Christmas Eve.'"
Christmas day was celebrated on the 28th with lots of great family time and really nice gifts! There are too many to list, but here are our big ones: I got a VERY nice sewing machine, carrying case, and sewing accessories. D got a table saw and a work bench for our endeavors in home decorating/remodeling. We gave my parents a Wii! It's been fun to play with them too! We discovered that Mom is a decent bowler, even though you wouldn't think so from watching her. She's also really good at tennis! Dad is good at most games, but especially Mario Kart! We had a great time spending the whole day with them!!
1 comment:
It was a fun time... I'm just sad Dad C was sick...
Post a Comment