Friday, December 19, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....


Two weekends ago we put up our Christmas decorations. It was fun to find new places to put all of our decorations in our new house! We put our Christmas tree up for the first time in a few years. (We didn't put it up last year because we had a young pup lad.) We were really worried that Coop would be VERY interested in it, but he barely noticed! We rearranged the furniture and put our tree next to our enertainment center. Here is our tree all decorated.


Last Thursday we had a nice winter surprise: SNOW!! I didn't think that we'd ever see snow again when we moved to Houston, but we did. Cooper has played in snow each winter...what a lucky boy!:)





It wasn't snowing much at first.




But a few hours later, it really started coming down.





It was so much fun to make snowballs and throw them to Coop! He would go after them, and then they would break all over his face. He caught a few of them and then choaked a little bit. He didn't quite understand why they kept dissappearing.



Crazy Weather


The next morning there was a little snow on the roof tops and that's about it. A few days later the temperature was in the 60s and 70s. This weekend it's supposed to get up in the 80s. My car thermometer said it was 81 on my way home from school today. Then on Monday we're supposed to drop way down into the 40s!! No wonder everyone is getting sick! I lost my voice yesterday and still couldn't talk today. It really tests your classroom management when you can't talk above a whisper. My kids were such great listeners and we did just fine:) Hopefully the break will allow me to rest my voice. My freshman year in college I lost my voice for about two weeks...maybe longer. I don't remember exactly. I'm wondering if I'm allergic to something down here....hmmm. D hasn't felt that great either! Hopefully we'll both be all better soon:)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great snow pics... how amazing for Houston! We haven't even had any snow up here in DFW yet! But... sadly the pics of your house all decorated didn't show up :( Maybe you can post them again... Love you and look forward to seeing y'all!
MoM

Shannon said...

I still can't believe you guys got snow! You sure have seen the weirdest Houston weather in the time you've been there! And yeah, I wanna see your pretty decorations too... can you try posting the pics again? :)
Shannon

Unknown said...

How fun! Snow in Houston...I can't get over it. Merry Christmas!!