The past few weeks have been very busy for our family! We moved Court down to Austin and went to Michael's graduation the same weekend! It was the shortest graduation I have ever attended....1 hour and 15 minutes! Amazing for a college graduation! His parents threw a wonderful party for him that evening. Mom and I did some back to school shopping at the outlets in San Marcos in between graduation and the party! D and my dad took care of the little hotdogs! Poor Hol did NOT like being in the crate! Miss Abbey was very good though! Court has a nice apartment. Another dapple hotdog lives below them so Abbey has a little boyfriend! We came home Sunday evening and Cooper had dug up MoM's flower bed....he's becoming quite the little digger! At least it was the end of the season for the flowers!
Scott came to visit us on Monday! We had such a great time! We went to the mall and got some A&M shirts...we need more Aggies in the family! On Monday we celebrated my dad's birthday!! We went to the Rangers/Royals game on Wednesday night. The most excited play of the game: The Royals were batting with a runner on. The batter hits a weak ground ball and somehow ends up in a pickle running to second. Rangers don't cover well and the ball gets away. The runner already on base tries to run home and gets into another pickle. Again the Rangers don't cover well and the runner scores. At this point the batter is going for second and the catcher throws the ball toward second....NO ONE is covering and it rolls to the warning track in center. Two runners end up scoring and almost tying the game! **I'm sure I didn't tell this correctly...needless to say, the 2-8 play doesn't work so well for the Rangers!** Somehow the Rangers won 4-3 but it wasn't pretty! The best part of the evening were the dollar hotdogs!:) We also had a live Dot Race! Hopefully these teams can find some better players next season!!! I really enjoyed hanging out with Scott! It's such a blessing not only to know my second cousin but also be good friends with him! Cooper absolutely adores Scott! He kept looking around the house for Scott after he left:( D and I would love to have other visitors!:)
Cooper is still growing very quickly! He weighs 23 pounds now and is full of energy! The vet calls him the drug dog because he smells absolutely EVERYTHING! He also "buries" things around the house. Scott and I couldn't find the remote one day. Thursday, Cooper brought it to Derek like, " Look at my treasure Daddy!" Scott and I hadlooked EVERYWHERE in the living room for the remote on Wednesday! Thursday was quite an eventful day for Cooper. Before the remote incident, we had to induce vomitting for the first time! He is so good at finding things that don't belong there....and eating them! On Thursday morning he found a tack in our bedroom. D wasn't sure if he had eaten it or not, so we gave him some hydrogen peroxide. After sifting through all of Coop's breakfast, we came to the conclusion that he hadn't eaten it after all!! Somehow I know this won't be the last time we'll go through this...oh the joys of having a puppy!:) Cooper is such a smart dog! He has mastered sit, lay down, and speak. He knows lots of other things and is learning more every day! He will do ANYTHING for a treat! Puppy classes were cancelled this week so we're still working "watch me" and "check it out." It's clicker training and Cooper really responds well to it! Whenever he hears the clicker, he comes running! He learns very quickly! :) I'm excited to see what we learn next Tuesday!
I start teacher inservice on Monday. We've had a longer summer with school starting later this year. I've really enjoyed my time off, but I'm ready to start school again! We added 8 new classrooms and 3 computer labs to our building over the summer! Even with the month of daily rain, the rooms are ready! We are so excited and hope that it works for our growing population. We had 750 PreK-5th graders at Heritage last year and I'm sure we'll grow even more this year! I am in charge of the science curriculum for Heritage this year along with Safety Patrol and Student Council! It's going to be a busy year!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys are having a fun time. I can't believe how big Cooper is getting! Time flies!
- Shannon
Post a Comment