It's been FOREVER since I've updated our blog! Here's a very brief overview of the last 10 months:
Summer-We had a very busy summer. We remodeled our kitchen, traveled to visit family, and spent time with our youth group kiddos.
Fall-In the fall, I coached volleyball and Derek coached football. His team won the district championship again! We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. Derek's parents, sister, brother-in-law, and nephews all came down to spend a week with us. We had a blast! We even took the boys over to College Station for an Aggie football game. It was so fun to see the boys again after our summer visit. J actually knows us now, so we're not just voices on the phone. He is such a sweet and spirited boy...makes this auntie proud!
Winter- Over the Christmas break we traveled to Delaware to visit my family. It's always nice to spend time with our grandparents. My family loves game nights. We played Phase 10, (fr)Uno, and other card games....I was in heaven:) We enjoyed our visit, even though it was VERY cold! In February we took a few of our high school youth kids on a retreat with other PCA churches. It was wonderful to bond with them!
Spring-We're just getting to spring and are looking forward to the rest of the school year. Derek is in the middle of track season. His long distance runners have won most of their events. I've been busy with our youth group. Wednesday nights are truly the highlight of my week! Over Spring Break we went to the Houston Rodeo and saw the Band Perry perform. We also had a lock-in. The kids get along so well and really enjoy spending time together. They inspire, challenge, and bless us beyond measure! D and I are helping Nat plan some fun events this summer. We can't wait!!
Looking Ahead-We have some big changes on the horizon for us. Next year I'll be moving to a new school. My magnet program has grown so large that the district decided to replicate it on a second campus! The second intermediate school(League City) is in our neighborhood and I was selected to move over there. I'll be three stop signs and about 4 minutes from our house. What a blessing! Today we had our first meeting of the new WAVE team. Several of our new team members are teachers at League City. They are very kind and welcoming! I got to see my new classroom and meet some of the other science teachers. My classroom "neighbor" is the department head. She's super "gold" (organized, neat, etc), too. I can tell that we're going to get along really well. With any move, you leave good friends behind. Three of my closest teacher friends will be staying at the original campus and I will miss them dearly! I've been praying for my new coworkers, specifically to be paired with like-minded, kind, caring, teammates. God is always faithful and I know he will bring me new teacher friends who will bless me just as much as the ones I'm leaving. As with any change, there has been a lot of anxiety among our magnet, specifically the students and parents. Change can be especially difficult for gifted kiddos (and their parents, who are most likely gifted too.) We covet your prayers as we prepare for and begin next school year.
We're planning several trips this summer. D is going on a two week trip with his Teaching American History Grant group. They'll tour Boston, Jamestown, New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and several other cities. He is super excited! We also have a Vinson Family reunion in Colorado and possibly a Cain family reunion in the Northwest. Besides that, we're planning to relax this summer. It will be nice to have a break from the busyness of last summer and this school year.
So that's what we've been up to this year. I hope to update the blog more often in the future:)
3 comments:
Love you and love your life with my son...I'm so proud of you both and look forward to watching how the Lord continues to use you both for His glory!
Love you and love your life with my son...I'm so proud of you both and look forward to watching how the Lord continues to use you both for His glory!
oops...so excited I could respond I hit the button twice!! Silly me!
Post a Comment