
Sunday, May 9, 2010
A Grandparent's Love
Ted always had a soft spot for Court and I. We were his first "granddaughters." We were two lucky girls to have a grandpa like Ted next door as we grew up! Through the years I've learned that it isn't blood that makes you family. It's love, devotion, commitment, loyalty. Ted epitomized all of these and more. He was a wonderful, loving man. Always ornery, especially to those he loved most. He always was the life of the party. He didn't know a stranger. He was involved in our lives, even after we both moved from Byron Lane. There are very few memories of my childhood (really my life in general) that don't include Ted. We spent lots of time at their house coloring in coloring books, playing in yard, celebrating birthdays and holidays together. His son gave me my first piece of Aggie gear: a bib that said "Future Aggie Class of 20??" He was there for all of our milestones...our births, first steps, kindergarten, middle school, high school, college, graduations, weddings, and many more. We were both very honored that he and Mary Helen sat as grandparents at our weddings. I'm not sure what he's telling her here, but I'm sure she'll never forget.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
(oops, how did I miss this post??) I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you have happy memories!
Post a Comment