Last Saturday, we were going to meet my parents and sister in College Station. Derek and my dad were going to the game and my mom, sis, and I were going to come back here and do some shopping/girly stuff. So we were straightening the house and getting ready to leave. Cooper was hanging out in the living room with Derek. All of the sudden I heard this huge crash and Derek yelling, "I can't believe that just happened!!" over and over. So I ran in the room to find Cooper outside in the flowerbed on the other side of a broken window!!!!! (Note: I meant to take a picture, but I didn't get the chance. So just picture a 33in by 28in broken window. Thanks!) When we came out of shock, Derek told me what happened. Cooper had seen a squirrel and barked once. D told him to "leave it," which means to ignore/drop whatever has his attention. Well Cooper didn't "leave it" and the next thing D knew, he was sprinting (which is hard for him on our floors) across the room. Derek had pulled back the blinds to dust and I guess Cooper thought the window wasn't there anymore. He jumped right through it after that squirrel. The "best" part was just before he landed, he realized what happened. He turned back and looked at D as if to say, "What just happened?!?" He gave up on the squirrel and came running inside (through the doggie door, mind you.) This was Labor Day weekend so we were sure that no one could come out and fix our window and we'd have to be hot with guests all weekend. Luckily, we found someone!!! He came out and had the window fixed in two hours...right before D HAD to leave to meet my fam.
I thought Cooper managed to jump threw a window with not a scratch, but that's not quite true. A few hours later he was licking his paws and I found cuts on each of his front paws. They are healing slowly, but I'm still watching them. Luckily my mom and sis are both nurses and then knew just what to do to help him. This dog has had more leg wraps in his year and a half of life than most dogs ever get! He's a rough, tough, cream puff though;) He never cries or whimpers!
I have a theory about why we have so many crazy Coop stories. We've pretty much confirmed that he's part Lab, part Dalmatian. Labs are known to be very smart and Dalmatians are not so much. Most of the time the Lab is dominant and he's pretty smart, but every once in awhile the Dalmatian takes over and he just can't help himself! I feel bad for him because he quickly realizes his mistakes and feels badly.
Needless to say, Cooper is truly preparing us for parenthood! (Although I hope our kids don't do the same crazy things!)
I was watching the pictures go by on my computer earlier and I saw this one:
What a difference a year makes!!
1 comment:
Poor Coopy! Hopefully he learned that windows are not the best way to go in and out of the house. :D I'm glad he didn't get hurt too badly and that you guys were able to get your window fixed so quickly!
-Shannon
Post a Comment