Here are some pictures of our house. Note: I am quite embarrassed to post pictures of such a messy house, so please forgive the many boxes and messes! I have had many requests for pictures of the new bedrooom and furniture, so I must oblige. Consider these the "Before" pictures. I will post after pictures soon!
My mom and sister helped me paint our bedroom. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before pictures. Here's the before description: The walls were white except for a border created by using sponges and four random paint colors; gold, dark purple, fushia/magenta/pink, and green. I'm not against spong paint...I think it can look great. I just wasn't a fan of the color choices, especially with our bedding. Our vanity area had white walls with a beach wallpaper border, which wasn't nearly as offensive as the four random colored one, but we decided to take it down. My mom found this great product called Zinsser DIF Wallpaper Stripper. It's a blue gel that sprays from a bottle. It really helped in taking down the border!! The previous owners had painted over wall paper and added the border. This made it a little tricky to take down, but my mom did it all very well!!
D has been talking about wanting an accent wall, so we painted three walls "Ashen"/khaki and one wall "Lunar Eclipse"/blue. The colors are cool and calming:) The vanity is now the Lunar Eclipse blue. We left the bathroom the way it was: white walls with the beach border. It matches our shower curtain and I think the room would be quite boring without the border. I think we'll eventually change it, but I'm out of ideas right now. Painting wasn't too bad but required a little more attention than normal. The catch is that throughout the house we have the classic 80s "popcornish" texture. It's not nearly as bad as it could be, but I'm not a big fan. Try scraping your hand on the wall a few times and get cuts...then you'll be with me. I don't mind the way it looks:) The only exception to the textured walls is where the original owners put wallpaper...in the vanities and kitchen. Here are some pictures of our painted(messy) bedroom:
We got a new living room set. We found these fabulous couches at the Dump. It's a great place that sells retail furniture for 30%-60% off the original price. We actually got 10% off of that because they were having a sale!! They delivered the furniture the next day too...we were quite pleased and plan to shop at the Dump again! After our sofa purchase, we went to IKEA to look at coffee tables and tv stands. We found a few that we liked, but decided to wait until we had the sofas to make our final decision. I thought we would wait another week or so, which was fine. D surprised me on Sunday by going to IKEA and buying the coffee table and tv stand we wanted! He said he was going into work. He's been sick recently and has missed a few days. My hubby still spoils me, that's for sure! Here is our new living room:
As you can tell, Cooper is still loving the bed/sofa that Grammy made for him! Especially now that he's not allowed on the furniture! He still sleeps in our bed, but doesn't get up on the sofas. He's a really good boy and has transitioned well!
Check back for more pictures once we get the house unpacked! We miss you all!
3 comments:
Wow, everything looks great! I'm glad you all are settling in well. I can hardly wait to come visit! :)
-Shannon
I say, WOW, too! It really looks nice! I know you will really enjoy making the whole house have that "Lori&Derek" touch! Thanks for putting the pics up... even if you aren't completely settled yet. It looks beautiful and I couldn't be happier for you!! Love, MoM
I third the WOW! The rooms look great. Can't wait to try out the sofas! Coop looks comfy in his bed also. Put together your honey-do list for Dad and we are there!!!! We love you and are very happy for you both, all three. God does seem to know what He is doing, doesn't He! Love, Mom
Post a Comment