Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ike Pictures

This is what Ike did to our house/yard.

Front yard



Part of our back fence that was down.








The trees on our roof in the back yard.





"The Little Tree that Could"


This little tree supported the weigh of the big tree and kept it from crashing through our living room! Unfortuately, the Little Tree that Could was too damaged to save! We lost the largest and the smallest trees in our backyard. We're thankful that we still have two trees though! Most of our fence was still standing...or leaning actually. We still need to get it fixed, but everyone is very busy, so we're still waiting. We are so thankful and blessed that this is the only damage we had. Actually, I think the guys enjoyed chopping up the trees with chainsaws:)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, that is amazing. It's sad that you couldn't save the little tree that could. I guess he made the ultimate sacrifice! :) Love the ATM!
- Shannon

Cheryl said...

... and who says God doesn't use the "little things" in life to serve His purposes? I am still in awe of how He spared y'all what could have been extreme damage. He is so good!!
Way to get a little "whoop" in there, too! I love it! MoM