Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Great Recipes

Derek and I have been trying new recipes recently! The recipes came from a cookbook that my dad's cousin gave us for our wedding. It's a great cookbook and I've really enjoyed using it! I made Garlic Chicken Pizza the other night and it was great! Here's the recipe:
Garlic Chicken Pizza
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. rice or white vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. sliced green onions, divided (I didn't include these)
1 T. cornstarch
1 (12 inch) Boboli bread shell
3/4 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 T. pine nuts (I didn't include these either)

Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towels. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. In large bowl, combine the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the oil, red, and black pepper and half of the green onions. Add chicken pieces; stir to coat. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature. Drain, reserving marinade. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat remaining oil in large skillet, add chicken pieces. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir cornstarch into reserved marinade. Add to skillet. cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Spoon evenly atop bread shell. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, for 12 minutes. Top with remaining green onions and nuts. Return to over for 2-3 more minutes.
-Recipe by Lisa Schellhorn

*I would probably make a little extra marinade because I like a little more "sauce" on my pizza. Enjoy...it's yummy!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds yummy! I bet you could also make one of your calzones with this filling. By the way, we make those a lot in the Howard household now! :)

-Shannon

Cheryl said...

Okay... I made this for us for supper last night and we give it a two thumbs up! Yumm-o!
Love you, Bug! Thanks for sharin'!
-- MoM